Interceptor R – ReSTORE
- Original shell completely stripped of all components and inspected
- Shell chemically stripped and new full or repair panels fitted where necessary
- Shell seam sealed, and waxoyled in all cavities; new extended front valance fitted and rear valance modified
- Body fully restored, primed and painted in customer’s colour of choice
- All exterior brightwork re-chromed or re-polished if not chrome plated and new stainless steel bumpers supplied and fitted
- New electrically operated ‘period’ door mirrors
- New windscreen, other glass re-furbished or replaced as needed and all door and window rubbers replaced
- New external brightwork including new design front and side mesh, sill covers and branded kick-plate
- Original seats and all other applicable trim items including headlining recovered in ‘Bridge of Weir’ (or other similar high quality) leather hide to JIA Interceptor R design with double-stitched seams.
- New Carpet set to JIA improved design with leather edging and new carpet and trim to boot area
- Original Dashboard re-furbished and fitted with new instruments, switches and Mota-Lita steering wheel together with new, as original design, interior mirror
- New wiring loom fitted throughout car incorporating new design features to allow for easier maintenance and new halogen headlamps (x4), Rear lamp assemblies and other lighting including side repeaters
Interceptor R – ReENGINEER
- General Motors LS3 430HP 6,200cc V8 engine c/w all necessary ancillaries and sensors
- GM 4L70E 4-speed auto + reverse gearbox c/w full GM ECU controlled management system.
- New Propshaft to suit fully Independent bespoke rear suspension system with single lower wishbone and stressed driveshaft as upper link.
- 2.89:1 Salisbury Power-loc mechanical Limited Slip Differential mounted in new bespoke carrier system.
- Engineering modifications to create new suspension and drive train mounting points
- Original refurbished independent double wishbone system retained with geometry alterations for increased caster and negative camber. Anti-roll bar.
- New Spax adjustable dampers and modified springs.
- Bespoke steel hubs with altered offset to suit.
- Steering rack fully re-conditioned c/w new steering column joints and bushes
- Brakes Front – 330 mm Ø x 32mm ventilated discs. 6-pot AP racing progressive calipers
- Brakes Rear – 280mm Ø solid discs. Single pot callipers with separate internal handbrake system
- New 17” x 7” bespoke alloy wheels reproducing original ‘Jensen’ design
- 235 x 55 17 VR Tyres
- New evaporator and fully re-charged air-con system
- New bespoke design fuel tank incorporating new high pressure fuel pump
- New bespoke exhaust system
- New Electronic Tacho and Speedometer. Other gauges replaced with electronic or adapted for new input signals
- Centre Console modified to suit new gearbox dimensions and fitted with new GM gear lever
Interceptor R – ReENGINEERA network of some 20 industry experts are deployed to build each Jensen Interceptor R. Using specially trained mechanics, technicians and electricians in Banbury, classic coach builders in Buckinghamshire and dedicated interior trimmers in Warwickshire, each full Interceptor R undergoes 6-month transformation process.
Throughout the whole process, the Jensen Interceptor is the most important element. The design brief for the Interceptor R series was that the cars must remain first and foremost, Interceptors. In seeking to modernise and add performance we are anxious not to lose the spirit and value of the original vehicle. Therefore, each element of the restoration and re-engineering has been carefully designed to augment rather than merely replace old technology.
Every car undergoes a thorough testing and inspection procedure during construction and prior to delivery and, because each car carries its original registration (or age appropriate number plate), it is delivered with a full MOT test certificate and carries a 1 year warranty on parts and labour.